Saturday, March 17, 2012

Wish me luck!

If any of you Somers people read the Somers Record ( you know, that newspaper we get every Thursday in the mail written by people I have never of?) then you may have heard that Paul Giamatti and Paul Rudd will be filming at a Michaud family favorite restaurant, Muscoot Inn. The film is called Lucky Dog, an independent film (but hopeful for bigger production company to buy it) slated for 2013 release. It's about two French Canadians trying to sell Christmas trees in New York City. Phil Morrison is directing (he directed Junebug in which Amy Adams won an Oscar). What's funny is that one of the guys at my internship, Doug, was telling us how he's knows Paul Rudd, and was having dinner with both of them the other night to discuss French Canadian culture and terms.

So why do I mention this? Well I emailed the author of the article to see if there was anyway I could come on set, whether to help or even just ask some questions to observe. Well he emailed the production company, and the assistant locator replied that (no guarantees) but that there is a chance I may be able to get in! I have to come super early, and apparently they're a little touchy about who will come, but hopefully if I play my cards right, I'll be super charming to the point where they have to let me in.

I MEAN IT'S PAUL RUDD. PAUL RUDD. HE IS ADORABLE. And Paul Giamatti is a pretty big actor wouldn't you say? And they're filming at this restaurant my family and I frequently go to...it's fate I tell you! This could be a HUGE experience for me, to see how a film is made. If I don't get to stay long, I hope they'll let me ask the script supervisor or some of the crew some questions.

FINGERS CROSSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment